Friday 29 July 2016

Art Journal Summer School 2016

This year I've joined an online art course called the Art Journal Summer School 2016, it runs from 1st July - 6th September. The course is run by Marieke Blokland of the Blocknote Academy. There are 14 teachers, I think we're on lesson 11 at the moment and of course I'm behind - just finished lesson 2,

We were given a list of suplies to use and they have to fit in a toiletry bag, the idea being that if were going away we have everything we need to make art in one small bag.

This is my bag and supplies and they do all fit in the bag.


Kate Crane was the teacher for the second lesson.


For this page we had to doodle flowers etc with a black pen and colour the page with acrylic paint, I did more doodling when the paint had dried.


For this page we had to paint the background, flowers and leaves etc first and doodle over them when the paint had dried.

Marieke Blokland was the teacher for the first lesson, we had to draw and write with watercolour paints.


I found writing with a brush hard at first but found it a lot easier once I got going.


I drew round all the painted images with a black pen.

Thank you for looking, now I've got to make some time to do lesson three.
xxx Hazel.

8 comments:

  1. Your journal pages are lovely, glad you are enjoying your course. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lot of fun Hazel. Some interesting stash to go into your wash bag. They are some fun and colourful pages. I particularly like the first with your super doodled flowers. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks to be a great summer course Hazel, your pages look beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks a great course to do and I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete