Wednesday 11 May 2016

Secret GardenTag Book

Today I'd like to share a tag book that I've decorated.
I can't remember where I got the book from, it's been in my stash for years.

The finished cover.


This is the book before it was altered.


The inside of the book.


I painted the front and back covers with gesso and glued some lace on them, then I stencilled some circles with crackle paste, I painted the covers with acrylic paint and stamped some white circles and black script.
 This is the front cover.


This is the back.


 I decorated the front by stamping some flowers onto a gelli print, I cut them out and stitched them to some material. I glued it to the front cover and added some dewdrops to the centre of the flowers.


A close up of the flowers.


A close up of the crackle paste circles.



I coloured the pages with acrylic paint and a brayer, then I stamped the flowers and some squares.

 
I stamped some script with white acrylic paint..


I stamped some flowers in the background and then stamped the main flowers, I also stamped them onto some gelli prints and cut them out, I glued them over the stamped flowers on the pages.

The inside


The backside.


I added the words and quotes, then I covered the pages with matte medium. I added some more colour and shadows with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens.

The inside.


The backside.


Below are some close ups of the pages.
I used Paper/Artsy stamps apart from a couple of quotes, I'm not sure who made them.






 Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.


11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic little book, love it. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant little book with lots of admire on each bit of it

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Hazel. It's really interesting to see the "before". Who'd have guessed. I love the inside too. Great stamping - fantastic colours. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is glorious, Hazel! The textured covers are lovely with their pretty muted colours, and then you open it up and that magical garden appears. The flowers really seem to have come to life - I absolutely love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning tag book, gorgeous textures and I love all the inside as well as the covers.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It's gorgeous Hazel! I love all the texture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous book Hazel with at fabulous textured cover and pages of beautiful flowers that shout summer is coming. Great project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW so much to look at - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag book Hazel, loving your array of sunny flowers and colours. Wonderful texture and layers of interest too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! this is awesome Hazel!! Love it.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is stunning Hazel.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete