Friday 1 May 2015

Altered Eclectics - May DT Post

It's the first of May so it's time for Altered Eclectics new challenge, as always the theme is Anything Goes as long as it's mixed media/altered art, cards and ATCs are not allowed.

My DT piece this month is a set of three canvases that I started at a workshop earlier in the year but didn't get finished, so I've finished them at home and here they are.


I started by glueing tissue wrap, book pages and tissue tape to the canvases and then used grunge paste with a stencil. We cut some hearts out of corrugated card, and used wooden butterflies and hearts, the clock is a Sizzix die. Everything was painted with acrylic paint and we used black antiquing cream on the grunge paste. The last thing I used was Treasure Gold.






Why not pop over to Altered Eclectics to check out the fabulous projects that the rest of my team mates have made.

7 comments:

  1. These look wonderful together. I love the muted shades on them

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Stunning! Stunning! Love the three canvases idea. They work so epically well together too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh wow these look fantastic, great textures and elements xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin said it all . . . really stunning Hazel, I want them!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well young lady you have inspired me to go dig out 3 canvases and get cracking. Such a fabulous masterpeice. I do hope you have them up on your wall for all to admire. Love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is right up my alley - LOVE this - love canvas work... you did a beautiful creation here - THREE of them!!! Wonderful textures and background colors. Success!!! j

    ReplyDelete