Friday 27 June 2014

Monochromatic Butterflies

We have two challenges a month on the KCUK forum and this month it was my turn to host the challenges. My first challenge was to do the watercolour stamping technique, I will post the cards that I made for this at a later date, my second challenge was Butterflies and Dragonflies, I'm posting my card now as I want to join in with the Butterflies Challenge the theme is monochromatic.


I covered my card blank with some spotty paper from my stash and stamped the background, I stamped the image onto the spotty paper and matted it onto some blue card. I added the ribbon and wooden butterflies. The butterflies look very dark as I coloured them with chipped sapphire Distress ink, I also stickled them.
I used Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz stamps.

I'd like to enter my card in the
Butterfly Challenge - Monochromatic.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece Hazel. Have a nice weekend! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's just beautiful Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark blue butterflies give a lovely relief against the lighter stamped ones and the look is perfect for my challenge. Thank you for fluttering by #9. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stick led wooden butterflies look fabulous!
    This is such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamping over the dotty background Hazel and gorgeous butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stamping over the paper,such a lovely card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete