Sunday 2 June 2013

Oriental Card

I'd like to share with you a card that I made last week.


I used a square piece of sticky backed canvas. I started by using a couple of masks to stencil some modeling paste. When the paste had dried I painted the background with acrylic paints and stamped a few images with black Archival and white acrylic paints. I put the mask back over the dried paste and stencilled some saphireTreasure Gold gilding wax to colour it. The main image was stamped onto tissue paper and coloured on the back with acrylic paint, I then cut it out and adhered it to the background then I adhered the background to a card blank. I added a couple of fan charms and the sentiment.
I used PaperArtsy stamps for all the images apart from the sentiment, I'm not sure who made that one.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card, wonderful background. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the LP image, gorgeous isn't she!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my fave LP oriental images Hazel. absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel
    I love all the texture and layers to this card it really feels oriental with the great colours used
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very lovely, Hazel! Love the sapphire gilding wax, and the fab background texture and stamping - and the LP image is so cool! Great to meet you yesterday... here's to another rendezvous soon...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh this is gorgeous Hazel. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Hazel,
    gorgeous project,
    love the textures,
    warm greetings;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Hazel, I love those fab stamps too ;D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful designs on this card. I have never heard of sticky back canvas-what a good idea

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Hazel. Love the colour. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Hazel love this ! the image and background work so well together PERFECT!
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card Hazel! It was my favourite birthday card...thanks so much!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete