Thursday 25 October 2012

A Birthday Card

I'd like to share with you the birthday card that I made for my torturer [personal trainer]. I always make him a handmade card but last year I didn't have time to make one so I gave him a bought one and did he moan about it and make me suffer, so this year I thought I'd better make him one.


I swiped wild honey, faded jeans and vintage photo Distress Stain across a white card blank and then splatted the same colours onto a piece of white card, I matted this and the image onto black card. For the image I used a stamp from Flonz Craft. I embellished it with some spotty ribbon and a peel off sentiment.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges.
Tanda Teaser 202 All things manly.
Paper Pretties Masculine.

11 comments:

  1. Hehehehehe Hazel, at least you learnt this year!!

    Great card, hope he like it after all the trouble you've gone to!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel I love that stamp so un usual and you have made a perfect backdrop for it. He cant complain now can he !!!!

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splats, very 'male' and just right. How posh of you having a personal trainer!
    Ann B
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should let you take it easy this year on the strength (no pun intented) of this fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the background you created Hazel and the fun element of using such a stamp (I have a similar version from Oxford Impressions).
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love This!!! perfect for him, and I just love the background- great card, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful Hazel--I bet he will give you time off when he sees this creation.Your splatters are terrific.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours you've used and how you have made your backgrounds!

    brilliant image for a personal trainer too!

    Good to see you on the Tanda Teaser Hazel!

    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's brilliant Hazel! I bet Alan loved it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a cracking card, Hazel - love it. Bit Freddy wotsit like though, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like this a brill colours and design !
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete