Tuesday 21 August 2012

Pins and/or charms Challenge

Time for another challenge at the Craft-Room. The challenge this time is to use pins and/or charms on your work and it has been chosen by the lovely Nikki.
This is the card I've made.


Our sponsors for the challenge are Crafty Individuals who make the most fabulous stamps.


I coloured a white card blank with vintage photo Distress ink then I used a ribbon punch on the right hand side. I coloured some white lace and seam binding with pink Dylusions spray, on the photo the lace looks a different colour to the binding but they are the same colour. I adhered the lace and some cream lace to the card and threaded the binding through the punched holes.
I scribbled some Kuretake Zig Art Pens onto a large acrylic block, sprayed some water and pressed a piece of white card onto it to colour the card. When dry I edged it with vintage photo. The Crafty Individuals image was stamped onto white card and watercoloured with the Zig pens, it was also edged with vintage photo. The dicuts were cut on my Cricut Expression, coloured with vintage photo and adhered to the card and then I adhered the image.
I attached some rose ribbon and made some stick pins, these were attached to the card and I also added some pearls to the seam binding and a birdcage charm.

We had some fabulous entries in the Fashion challenge which will make it very difficult for me to pick my top 3. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your charms and pins, why not pop over to the Craft-Room Challenge blog to see the fabulous work that the rest of the Design Team have made.

16 comments:

  1. Hazel what can I say except I adore everything about your card...from the strong colours to all the details (love the placement of the pins). Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the bird-cage charm! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdcage works perfecly with your image, Hazel. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love the different ways you use ribbon Hazel and this just looks amazing. So many things to inspire and the lovely the colours are eye catching.

    Chrissie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, i love the colors and the image, it is so vintage that's what i love on cards!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational ! The stamping, the colours ( Amazing ) the gorgeous details make this a wonderful piece of art Hazel.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I think Marie has it with the word Amazing after colours the blue green background that seems to echo the background of the stamped image are delicious the contrasting pink at the sides fabulous. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh it's gorgeous, love the row of flowers really gives it balance.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel,
    What a fantastic card, there is so much detail gone in to making it and your colour choices work really well.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful composition & beautiful card Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really beautiful Hazel, from the colour combination to the gorgeous image, I love everything about it. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours are gorgeous and work to perfection with the CI stamp.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Hazel! I love the delicate colouring on the image - I've never used Zig pens - and your die cut suits the stamp beautifully!

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb Hazel - ove all the different elements you have introduced in this card. They all work so well together and the colours are lovely.
    Hugs Neet xx

    ReplyDelete