Tuesday 21 February 2012

Craft Room Colour Challenge

Sadly the Craft Room online store is closing so this is the last challenge that the store will be sponsoring. The randomly drawn winner of this challenge will receive Andy Skinners Batik Garden stamp set. Why not pop over to the Craft Room and grab a bargain as there is a massive 40% discount at the moment.

The latest Craft-Room challenge is a colour challenge and the colours to use are BROWN ORANGE and CREAM.


It's my brother in laws birthday this week so I decided that my DT piece would be his birthday card.
I covered a card blank with dark brown card and then matted various papers and card onto it. I wrapped some bakers twine round the stamped image before attaching it to the card and added a silver fish charm and the sentiment.
The stamps that I used are
Personal Impressions for the main image.
After Midnight Art Stamps for the sentiment.

I'm entering my card into the Just For Fun  Sporty For a Man challenge.

Why not pop over to the Craft Room Challenge blog to see the fabulous work that the rest of the DT has done and to enter your own work.

20 comments:

  1. Beatiful card Hazel, your BiL will love it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card as always Hazel, I do like the way you have used your checked papers for the background. Must get myself some bakers twine as it looks so good. Think Jo has some on offer so will have a word when we meet up.
    Another super challenge entry - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really wonderful, I love the papers and tatty edges, perfect central image, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel I just love this! Those papers are fab and the iamge is gorgeous. Hugs

    NIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking the distressed look Hazel and the fish emerging from the water if fun.
    Well Done
    Hugs
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel,
    love the ripped papers, gorgeous texture,
    beautiful card;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely distressed layers Hazel :) you BIL is bound to love it :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Just for Fun
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours Hazel and a brill card, bet your Brother in law will love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Hazel great card for a man and fish is a lovely clever embellishment. Thank you for making it for Craft-Room and for sharing it with Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Hazel. Love the fact that you've used the stamp simply but embellished it with all the lovely papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Hazel. I love how you've used the papers, and the image is perfect - I love the charm on the end of the line :-).

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors for a masculine card. Love the torn papers and non colored image. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel you've created a great guy card. They are so difficult for me to make. I'm sorry to hear about the closing but thanks for the sale info. As always your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card , love all the layers and the colours are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful mans card Hazel.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card Hazel, love the colours and your design - just right.

    Ann B

    PS. I have blog candy if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card Hazel. love the torn edges and great fall colors!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful man's card, I'm sure your brother-in-law will love it. I love the stamped image and how you used the fish embellishment. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Hazel, I love your composition & torn edges xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hazel you certainly know how to use colour ! A fabulous card, great distressing and just love the sentiment.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete