Friday 9 September 2011

Gecko Galz Halloween Hanging

This is my latest DT piece for GECKO GALZ. I used a frame from the Spooky Sentiments Ephemera Sheets and the lovely witch images are from the Witching Hour Ephemera Sheets. I enlarged the frame and printed one copy then I cropped the pumpkins and printed them four time so that I could 3D them. I attached the frame to a 9"x5" piece of mountboard that I'd painted with orange and black acrylic paint. I reduced the witch images to fit the frame then attached them to the frame. I stuck torn bits of tissue tape to the images to make it look like that they were stuck down with it. I dyed a white piece of fabric with rusty hinge and peeled paint Distress Stains and water, a piece was attached to the bottom of the hanging and I used a strip for the hanger. For the spiders and web I used a Quickutz die and black card. I also attached three buttons.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous Hazel, great images and I love the dimensional pumpkins and the added fabric. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece, Hazel, very original! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel - apart from the spiders (have a bit of a problem with them generally!) this is a great piece...very glamorous witches ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not the traditional Halloween style it's great !
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project Hazel. Love all your ideas on this. Very clever.
    Have a great weekend.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, this is fantastic! Love the images, and the spiders look great! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this project Hazel! The piece of stained fabric looks great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those images are such fun and love that they are not creepy, not too keen on creepy lol.
    Wonderful!!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love Halloween! This is wonderful spooky fun!!

    ReplyDelete